- Roma are currently fourth in Serie A after taking 38 points from their opening 20 matches, while Lazio are seven points ahead in third.
- Roma started 2020 poorly, with losses against Torino and then Juventus, who also eliminated them from the Coppa Italia.
- Clean sheets have been a problem for the Giallorossi, conceding in their last five in the league, with their last clean sheet coming away at Inter.
- Lazio are on a remarkable run of 11 straight Serie A wins, but were knocked out of the Coppa Italia during the week by Napoli.
- The Biancocelesti last tasted defeat in the league back in September when they went down 1-0 away at Inter.
- Lazio are just six points behind leaders Juventus, with a game in hand.
KEY TEAM NEWS
Roma remain without Nicolo Zaniolo, Javier Pastore and Henrikh Mkhitaryan, but will welcome back Edin Dzeko from suspension. Diego Perotti could return from injury but is not likely to feature in the starting XI.
Lazio could be without Luis Alberto due to a muscle strain, with Tiago Casasola missing out due to suspension.
Roma: Pau Lopez; Florenzi, Mancini, Smalling, Kolarov; Cristante, Diawara; Under, Pellegrini, Kluivert; Dzeko.
Lazio: Strakosha; Felipe, Acerbi, Radu; Lazzari, M-Savic, Leiva, Parolo, Lulic; Immobile, Caicedo.
29 September, 2018
Lazio may have enjoyed the majority of possession at the Olimpico (56%) but it was the hosts who were more lethal with their chances, scoring three from seven shots on target. Lorenzo Pellegrini, Aleksandar Kolarov, and Federico Fazio all scored, with Immobile scoring Lazio's consolation.
Odds Then: Roma 9-5 | Draw 13-5 | Lazio 7-5
This one is definitely a tough one to call, as in recent years Roma have been the better team, even challenging for the championship. Lazio's incredible winning run needs to end sometime, and it could very well happen in their own home stadium, but they earned a 1-1 draw in their 'away' fixture at the Olimpico last season. One factor will be key - can Roma keep Immobile quiet?
Result: Roma 1-1 Lazio
SMALL STAKES TIP
A 1-1 draw is is 6/1 with Bet365.