Paris Saint-Germain and the Brazil national team appear to be heading for a club-v-country row over Neymar.
The 28-year-old was forced off in the 26th minute of a Champions League visit to Istanbul Basaksehir last Wednesday and subsequently missed PSG's weekend win over Nantes.
Speaking to PSG TV, boss Thomas Tuchel revealed the cause - an injury that he expected to keep his influential out until after the international break.
"He has a small injury to the adductor. He will be back after the break," the German said.
"I think he cannot play for Brazil. If he plays all the matches it means that he is not injured, but he is. The information is that he will return after the break."
However, Neymar has yet to be removed from Tite's squad list and, as things stand, is expected to report for duty on Monday in order to prepare for games against Venezuela and Uruguay.
The Brazil boss' refusal to rule his No.10 out comes despite both Eder Militao and Rodrigo Caio being replaced on Tuesday due to Covid-19 and injury respectively.
Tuchel had already expressed dismay over the scheduling of international fixtures during a season that has been compressed by the coronavirus pandemic.
He said; "We’re going to kill the players. I always said that. We’re going to kill them because there is an important connection between preparation, performance and rest.
"In football it always falls to the best players because they will always play for their country. They play during recess, they travel and that is too much in my opinion.
"You don’t have a recovery period to come back. Preparation affects injuries and performance.
"Without preparation, players are more fragile and difficult to handle. This is not an excuse, it is the truth. We will look for solutions and I hope we will find some."