FC's GREAT GOALS PROJECT
How do you categorise Great Goals?
The Great Goals Project is FC's attempt to catalogue, analyse, and rank every high-quality goal scored in various competitions or by famous players. We rank goals based across a number of specific categories in order to establish the difference between the very good, the great, and the greatest.
We have watched every goal ever scored by Lionel Messi and attempted to rank them, using a number of key factors.
By clicking through to each goal's individual page, not only can you watch a video of said goal, but you can see in more detail how we calculated each rating.
We categorise goals based on a number of factors which determine which goals we deem to be the best.
1. Aesthetically Pleasing: How enjoyable was the goal to watch?
2. Technical Difficulty: How hard is it for a professional player to score a goal like this?
3. Uniqueness: Has this goal been seen many times before, or is it one-of-a-kind?
4. Importance: Was the effort the fifth in a 5-0 win, or the winner in the Champions League final?
5. Standard of Opposition: How good was the team that the goal was scored against?
So enjoy a run through Messi's greatest moments and feel free to let us know on Twitter what you think of our selections, at @CriticFootball_